FREDERICK, Md. - Hood College's Zak Kooser set the school's single-game and season assist records as the Blazers defeated Keystone 20-3.
Kooser dished out six assists in the contest, breaking his own mark from earlier this season. The total gave him 20 helpers for the year, surpassing Dominique Shorter's record of 16 in 2010.
Inside the Box Score
- Grayson Zubradt had four goals an assist and two caused turnovers.
- Tristan Moreno recorded his first career hat trick.
- Will Clampitt, Matt Dees, Sean Murphy, Eddie Somerville and Alex Villegas scored two goals apiece.
- James Bimstefer had three caused turnovers.
- The Blazers won 21 of 26 face offs in the game. Zach Kauffman was 7 for 7, Ben Gilbert 2 for 3 and Billy Edge went 12 of 16.
- In goal, John Hoffman played the first half and made two saves. Noah Waterlander and Kyle Morgenroth each played a quarter in the second half and made a save apiece.
How it Happened
- Somerville scored both of his goals in the first quarter, including the game's opener less than a minute into the action.
- Hood led 6-0 at the end of the period and Clampitt scored twice in the second quarter as the Blazers went ahead 10-0. A goal in the final minute by the Giants' Matthew Grobelny made the score 10-1 at the half.
- Zubradt recorded the first two scores of the second half to lead a 6-0 run through the third quarter, resulting in a 16-1 lead.
- Caleb Strope scored twice for Keystone in the fourth quarter, but the Blazers added four goals, including Kooser's record sixth assist on a score by Murphy.
- Strope had a hand in all three goals for the Giants, assisting on one before scoring twice in the fourth quarter.
- Nicholas Vazquez stopped 14 shots in goal.
- Hood held a 57-12 advantage in shots and won the ground ball battle 40-16.
- The Blazers were a perfect 13 of 13 on clears.
Hood hosts Bard on Wednesday, March 22 at 3:30 p.m.