Apr 05, 2017
OWINGS MILLS, Md. - The Hood College men's lacrosse team dropped a 22-6 final at No. 12 Stevenson in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Zak Kooser had an assist in the game, giving the sophomore 35 in his career to tie the Blazers' career record. Alex Engler set the standard during his career from 2010-13.
- Eddie Somerville and Tristan Moreno scored two goals apiece. Patrick O'Brien added a goal and an assist.
- James Bimstefer had five ground balls, while Will Clampitt, Patrick Hurley and Zach Kauffman grabbed four each.
- John Hoffman made 10 saves in 42 minutes, with Kyle Morgenroth stopping five in the final 18 minutes.
How it Happened
- The Mustangs (7-3, 4-0) scored the night's first five goals before Moreno got Hood (6-5, 0-3) on the scoreboard with 2:04 left in the first quarter. Stevenson added another score before the end of the period and led 6-1 after 15 minutes.
- A 9-1 run in the second quarter resulted in a 15-2 halftime deficit for the Blazers.
- JT Thelan led all players with five goals and three assists. Tyler Fuhrman scored four times and Sean Ohlhaver and Kyle Karsian added three goals apiece.
- James Burnette had five ground balls and Dominic DeFazio caused three turnovers.
- Ross Dinan made three saves in 33 minutes before giving way to three other keepers in the second half.
Hood hosts Alvernia on Saturday, April 8 at 12 p.m.