ANNVILLE, Pa. - The Hood College men's lacrosse team dropped its final road game of 2017, falling at Lebanon Valley 11-4 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Four different players had goals for the Blazers: Zach Kauffman, Patrick O'Brien, Alexander Elliott and Eddie Somerville.
- Kauffman won 11 of 17 face offs and had five ground balls.
- Zak Kooser assisted on two scores.
- James Bimstefer notched two caused turnovers and three ground balls.
- Hood's goalies split time. John Hoffman made four saves in the first half, with Kyle Morgenroth stepping up for eight stops in the final two quarters.
How it Happened
- After Lebanon Valley scored to make it 3-0 in the first quarter, Elliott answered quickly to put Hood on the board. He took a feed from Kooser just 43 seconds after the Dutchmen's previous tally to make it 3-1 with 5:16 to go in the period.
- The Blazers trailed 4-1 at the end of the quarter and neither team scored for nearly 13 minutes. After LVC scored to make it 5-1 with 2:15 left in the half, Kauffman won a face off, scooped the ground ball and scored just 12 seconds later to cut it to 5-2. Lebanon Valley added three scores down the stretch and led 8-2 at halftime.
- Both teams scored once in the third with a late goal by Somerville making it 9-3 heading into the final period. An early score by the Dutchmen made it 10-3 before O'Brien scored off a pass from Kooser to make it 10-4 with 8:58 to go. LVC added another goal down the stretch to put the game out of reach.
- Coleman Wagner caused three turnovers and had four ground balls.
- Cameron Epple made a dozen saves.
Hood hosts Arcadia on Senior Day on Saturday, April 29.