DOVER, Del. - Hood College's Zak Kooser became the first player in program history with 100 career assists in a 16-6 non-conference men's lacrosse victory at Wesley.
The Blazers remained unbeaten at 6-0 on the season.
Inside the Box Score
- Kooser had two goals and two assists in the game. His 100th helper came on his second assist with 1:21 remaining in the game.
- Grayson Zubradt led all players with five goals and four assists in the game. The four assists tied a career-high.
- Bentley LeBarron scored three times and assisted on two others.
- Eddie Somerville and Devin Morse had two goals apiece.
- Noah Waterlander made four saves in 55 minutes before giving way to Trenton Lazorchak.
- Ian Wittler caused three turnovers.
- Hood's face off specialists won 21 of 23 tries on the afternoon, including a perfect 10 of 10 in the second half. Ben Gilbert went 9 of 10, Shea Anderson was 10 of 11 and Shawn Wise won both of his attempts.
- Anderson and Vashon Davis had four ground balls apiece.
How it Happened
- Hood scored twice in the opening 65 seconds of the contest to take command. Gilbert won face-offs that resulted in goals by Zubradt at 14:28 and Somerville 33 seconds later. LeBarron and Robert Mauer picked up the assists, respectively. The two scores were the first of five in a row to open the contest as the Blazers took a 6-1 lead into the second quarter.
- The second period was more of the save as Hood scored the first three goals of the quarter. Zubradt assisted on goals by LeBarron and Morse for an 8-1 lead with 6:24 on the clock. Gilbert won another face-off and fed Zubradt only 12 seconds later for another quick score.
- Both teams added goals in the final minute of the half for a 10-2 Blazer lead at halftime.
- Kooser scored off an assist from Zubradt for the only goal of the third quarter.
- Hood opened the fourth period with a 4-1 spurt that made the score 15-3. Kooser, Zubradt and Somerville scored unassisted to start the run before a Davis assist to Zubradt made it a 12-goal difference with 6:48 to play. The Wolverines closed the game with a 3-1 run to pull within 10.
- Adam Tewey led Wesley with two goals and two assists.
- Dylan Sicca made 16 saves.
- Ben Mitzel recorded five ground balls while Nick Bruhn caused three turnovers.
The Blazers head to Chatham on Saturday, March 23.