ANNVILLE, Pa. - A late flurry in the fourth quarter by Lebanon Valley was too much to overcome for the Hood College men's lacrosse team in a 13-10 final in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Grayson Zubradt led Hood with three goals and an assist.
- Bentley LeBarron finished with three goals.
- Zak Kooser dished out three assists.
- Noah Waterlander made 11 saves.
- Ben Gilbert went 14 of 25 on faceoffs and scooped 10 ground balls.
- Joe Carroll and Ian Wittler each caused two turnovers.
How it Happened
- The Blazers trailed 9-7 after the third quarter but goals by Zubradt and LeBarron tied the game with 11:15 left.
- Trevor Holak started a run of four goals in six minutes for the Dutchmen, putting in the game-winner off an assist from Evan Crawford at 8:25.
- Prior to the run, the Blazer defense had surrendered just one goal in a span of over 23 minutes to erase an 8-5 deficit.
- A goal by Kyle Scott and two from Zubradt gave Hood a 3-2 lead after the first quarter.
- Lebanon Valley opened the second with four straight goals to go up 6-3 with 10:20 to go in the half. Ben Gilbert won the ensuing faceoff and stopped the run himself. Both teams scored twice over the remaining 10:14 of the first half.
- Kevin Beaver scored a game-high five goals for the Dutchmen. Josh Croyle had three goals. Max Warmingham tallied a goal and three assists.
- Cam Epple stopped 16 shots in goal.
- Hood fell to 8-2 overall and 1-2 in the MAC Commonwealth. LVC inched to 6-5 and 2-0.
The Blazers host Widener on Saturday, April 6 at 1 p.m.