FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's lacrosse team could not keep pace with a 10-3 Messiah run in the second half, falling to the Falcons 18-8 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Bentley LeBarron had four goals in the contest to lead Hood.
- Grayson Zubradt scored twice and Zak Kooser added a goal and an assist.
- Noah Waterlander made six saves.
- Joe Carroll had five ground balls.
- Ben Gilbert went 16 of 27 on face-offs and finished with eight ground balls.
How it Happened
- Hood took a 1-0 lead when Patrick Hurley scored with 12:27 left in the first quarter. After Messiah took a 2-1 lead, goals by LeBarron and Zubradt made it 1-0 at the end of the period.
- After Garrett Amsbaugh tied the game in the opening minutes of the second quarter, Gilbert won the next face-off and fed Zubradt seven seconds later for a 4-3 advantage.
- Amsbaugh tied the game again before LeBarron found the back of the net to make it 5-4 with 10:09 on the clock. Messiah had already tied the game before three goals in the final 1:38 of the half made it 8-5 at the intermission.
- The Falcons stayed hot to open the second half, scoring twice in the first minute of the third quarter on their way to a 13-6 lead entering the fourth.
- Amsbaugh finished with a game-high five goals. Dylan Gillisse had four goals and two assists, while Hunter Bellows added three goals and an assist.
- Quentin Johnson caused five turnovers and Jacob Fahnestock made 12 saves.
- Hood is 10-4 on the season and 3-4 in the MAC Commonwealth. Messiah is 9-6 and 6-1.
The Blazers head to Lycoming on April 27.