Posted: Sep 01, 2018
CHESTERTOWN, Md. - The Hood College men's soccer team fell at Washington (Md.) in the season opener for the Blazers.
Inside the Box Score
- Clay Smith scored Hood's goal in the 79th minute off an assist from Ricky Salgado.
- Danny Castillo made four saves in goal.
How it Happened
- In the 33rd minute, the Shoremen's Brian Graham knocked home the rebound of a James Strine shot for a 1-0 lead.
- Washington added to the lead in the 61st minute, when Zack Urbanski found the back of the net.
- Smith scored off a header 18 minutes later off of a cross from Salgado.
- Earlier in the second half, the Hood had a goal waved off when the Blazers were ruled offsides.
- Josh Samuels stopped three shots for the Shoremen.
- Washington held a 13-9 advantage in shots.
Hood hosts Randolph on September 5 at 4 p.m.