TOWSON, Md. - Hood College goalkeeper Danny Castillo picked up the shutout in net and scored one of the Blazers' goals on a penalty kick in a 3-0 victory at Goucher.
Inside the Box Score
- Castillo made four saves in the contest for his first shutout of the year. The goal was the first of his career.
- Clay Smith ran his goal-scoring streak to all four matches this year with his fifth score of the season.
How it Happened
- Robert Ellerson scored what proved to be the game-winner in the 30th minute off of a ball from Smith.
- In the 39th minute, Hood was awarded a penalty kick and Castillo boomed it in for a 2-0 edge at the half.
- Alain Shekanino fed Smith in the 63rd minute to put the match out of reach.
- Goucher held a slim 13-12 advantage in shots.
- Daniel Hendry made four saves.
- The win was Hood's second in as many days to lift the Blazers to a 2-1-1 record.
Hood hosts Juniata on Wednesday, September 12.