FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's soccer team posted a clean sheet in a 2-0 Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth victory over Widener.
Inside the Box Score
- Brandon Feuerherd and Graham Bussink scored for the Blazers.
- Ricky Salgado and Clay Smith notched assists. Salgado's was his sixth of the year, tied for the most by a first-year in program history.
- Danny Castillo made two saves in 84 minutes.
- Nick Pilny made a stop in six minutes of work.
How it Happened
- Salgado played a ball to Feuerherd at the top of the box, who banked it off the post at the end of the 13th minute.
- Bussink made it 2-0 in the 43rd minute. Smith played a ball to him from 25-yards out and Bussink uncorked a shot into the upper 90.
- John Warwick stopped three shots for the Pride.
- Widener held a slim 10-9 advantage in shots.
- The match served as Senior Day for the Blazers. Robert Ellerson, Alec van Bronkhorst and Matt Viti were honored pregame for their contributions to the program.
The Blazers, 7-3-1 on the year, travel to Stevenson on October 9.