Posted: Oct 27, 2018
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's soccer team knocked off No. 24 Lycoming in a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth match for the first win over a nationally ranked opponent in program history.
Inside the Box Score
- Alain Shekanino scored the game-winner in the 53rd minute.
- AJ Lewis scored Hood's initial goal of the day.
- Robert Ellerson and Graham Bussink recorded assists.
- Danny Castillo stopped four shots in net.
How it Happened
- The Blazers struck first in the 20th minute. Ellerson sent a free kick into the box and Lewis rose up and headed it into the net for a 1-0 lead.
- The Warriors leveled the score with a goal at the end of the 38th minute. Jake Webb found George Charalabidis to make it 1-1.
- In the 55th minute, Bussink played a loose ball in the box back to Shekanino, who was able to knock it in for the difference in the match.
- The Warriors were ranked No. 24 by the United Soccer Coaches.
- Chris Solecki made one save for Lycoming.
- The win improved Hood to 8-7-1 on the season.