FREDERICK, Md. - Hood College head coach Kenny Putnam won his 49th game on the Blazer sidelines to become the winningest coach in school history in a 7-0 win over Marymount (Va.).
Putnam passed former head coach Brian Wall, who won 48 games at Hood.
Inside the Box Score
- Clay Smith notched a hat trick and now has 32 career goals at Hood, second all-time, passing Thomas Noonan.
- Dillon Eyler and Alain Shekanino had two assists apiece.
- Trey McCumber, Kyle McQuillen, Cristian Urbina and Ryan Waugh all scored goals for Hood.
- Chase Ross had an assist.
- Danny Castillo made two saves in 73 minutes. Shane Steele-Quintanilla stopped a shot in 17 minutes.
How it Happened
- Shekanino assisted on the first two goals as Hood took a 2-0 lead into halftime. Smith started the scoring at the beginning of the 16th minute and Urbina scored two and a half minutes later.
- Smith scored two more in the first 14 minutes of the second half, both assisted by Eyler, to stretch it to 4-0.
- McQuillen, McCumber and Waugh each scored between the 66th and 80th minute to cap the scoring.
- Hood outshot the Saints 33-5.
- Joshua Reid made six saves as the starter for Marymount. Eduardo Cardonne made a pair in relief and Ronald Clark stopped one shot.
- The Blazers are 2-0-1 on the year, while Marymount dropped to 1-2.
The Blazers head to Cairn on Saturday, September 7 for a 4 p.m. kickoff.