HUNTINGDON, Pa. - Both teams scored in the opening 15 minutes before the Hood College and Juniata defenses tightened up over the next 95 minutes of a 1-1 draw in non-conference men's soccer action.
Inside the Box Score
- Ricky Salgado scored for the Blazers.
- Alain Shekanino recorded an assist.
- Isaac Coeto Jr. made four saves.
How it Happened
- On the match's first shot, Salgado took an assist from Shekanino for a 1-0 lead late in the fourth minute.
- Almost exactly 11 minutes later, Joe Stipe tied the game for the Eagles with the help of Jason Novosel.
- The Juniata goal came on its fourth shot of the previous 10 minutes. After the goal, the Blazers locked up on defense and did not allow another shot over the next 43 minutes until a header by Jacob Grove went high.
- The combination of Luke Baldwin, Dillon Eyler, Aiden Hudon, AJ Lewis, Hirvin Polanco and Cameron Tyler in the back continued their strong effort and held the Eagles without a shot on net after the goal until the 100th minute, a span of 85 minutes of play.
- The Juniata backline matched the Blazers' as neither team could break the deadlock.
- Hood held a 14-10 advantage in shots.
- Jacob Owings made four saves.
- The Blazers improved to 6-1-2 on the year and are unbeaten in their last five matches. Juniata is 5-4-1.
Hood hosts Washington & Jefferson on Saturday, September 28 at 7 p.m.