FREDERICK, Md. - A goal in the 83rd by Alvernia snapped the Hood College men's soccer team's eight-match unbeaten streak in a 1-0 defeat in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Isaac Coeto Jr. did his best to keep the Blazers in the game with a career-high 11 saves.
How it Happened
- Midway through the first half, Hood's Dillon Eyler uncorked a hard shot off a free kick but Luca Grippi leaped and poked it over the crossbar to keep the game scoreless.
- Coeto answered with a diving save in the 68th minute to turn away Damien Washington.
- The Golden Wolves got off a flurry of shots at the start of the 83rd minute the last of which resulted in a Trent Rider goal off an assist by Noah Wright.
- The Blazers' best chance to equalize came in the closing seconds. Clay Smith had the ball played to him down the left flank, dribbled about 30 yards and struck a shot that went just wide to the far post.
- Grippi made two saves.
- Hood fell to 9-2-2 overall and 0-1 in the MAC Commonwealth.
Hood travels to Lebanon Valley on October 12.