Posted: Nov 03, 2018
CHESTER, Pa. - Hood College fell to both Widener and Messiah in a Middle Atlantic Conference tri-meet hosted by the Pride.
How it Happened
- The Blazers' only event win of the afternoon came from Max Riedel in the 1,000-yard freestyle. The senior swam a time of 10:31.58 to beat the field by over 11 seconds. He was later third in the 500 free with his time of 5:08.61.
- Gaby Hernandez-Paese finished the day with a pair of third-place finishes. He swam the 200 breaststroke with a time of 2:25.85 and turned in a 2:10.55 in the 200 individual medley. He turned in a time of 1:05.61 in the 100 breaststroke for fourth place.
- Matthew Ball's 2:13.80 in the 200 butterfly was fourth.
- In the 50 free, John Foley swam to a fourth-place finish in 23.65. He was also fourth in the 100 fly in 58.27.
- Widener defeated Hood 204-50.
- Messiah defeated Hood 152-86.
- Widener defeated Messiah 178-80.
The Blazers host Misericordia and Lycoming on November 10.