Posted: Apr 21, 2018
READING, Pa. - The Hood College men's tennis team knocked off Albright 6-3 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
How it Happened
- The duo of Ben DeLeo and Andrew Heon scored the Blazers' only point in doubles with an 8-5 win over Dylan Rutt and Zach Schultheis.
- Hood won five of the six singles matches to secure the victory.
- Alex Sexton was a 6-4, 6-1 winner at first singles over Dyland Okonski.
- Jorden Hahn played second singles and scored a three-set victory against Noah Jessie 5-7, 6-1, 6-3.
- DeLeo and Heon won at third and fourth singles, respectively, to go 2-0 on the day. DeLeo was pushed to three sets but emerged with a 6-0, 6-7, 6-2 win against Rutt. Heon defeated Schultheis in straight sets 6-4, 6-3.
- Alex Beaumont picked up a 7-6, 4-6, 6-0 win at fifth singles over Brody Brown.
Hood hosts Lycoming on April 28.