Posted: Apr 28, 2018
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's tennis team defeated Lycoming 6-3 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Before the match, senior Alex Sexton was honored for his contributions to the program.
How it Happened
- Sexton won two points in the win. He teamed with Michael Brady for an 8-2 win at first doubles over Mitch Wheary and Rob Smith. In singles play, Sexton was a 6-0, 6-2 winner over Wheary at first singles.
- Brady won his match at second singles 6-1, 6-4 over Smith.
- Jorden Hahn and Ben DeLeo joined forces to defeat Zachary High and Alhoun Lundy 8-5.
- Hahn needed three sets to down Lundy at third singles 1-6, 6-2, 7-5.
- DeLeo won in three sets, as well, at fourth singles over High 6-3, 4-6, 10-4.
- Hood finishes the season 3-9 overall and 3-4 in the MAC Commonwealth.