CENTER VALLEY, Pa. - Hood College's Luke Casey and Kyle Lammey competed in the first half of the decathlon on day one of the Middle Atlantic Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships at at DeSales.
How it Happened
- Casey is in seventh through five events with 2,670 points. His best scores came in the 100-meter and 400-meter dashes. He ran the 100 in 12.32 seconds for 589 points, two points more than his 400 of 55.30 scored. Casey placed third in the high jump, clearing 5-8 (1.73 meters).
- Lammey is 11th with 2,226 points. His 545 points in the 100 after a time of 12.56 was his highest score of the day. He was seventh in the shot put with a throw of 28-6 1/2 (8.70 meters).
- Alvernia's Marquis Marshall leads the decathlon with 3,102 points, seven ahead of teammate Jeremiah Clinchoc.
- In addition to the opening of the decathlon, the 4x800-meter relay and 10,000-meter run were contested. Hood did not have participants in either event, leaving the Blazers tied for ninth after the first day.
- Widener leads the team scoring with 19 points.
The MAC Outdoor Championships continue on May 5.