BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Hood College's AJ Lewis broke his own school record in the long jump on the first day of the Middle Atlantic Conference Indoor Track and Field Championships at Lehigh University.
How it Happened
- Lewis leaped 6.58 meters (21-7 1/4) to finish fourth overall in the event. He broke his previous best of 6.43 meters set at last year's championships.
- Fred Roberts is off to a strong start in the heptathlon with 2,296 points. He scored the second-most points of any competitor in the long jump, scoring 630 with his jump of 6.20 meters (20-4 1/4).
- Evan Ellington did not qualify for the finals of the 60-meter dash but became the fourth fastest Blazer in school history at 7.41 seconds.
- Hood is ninth overall in the team scoring with five points, ahead of Alvernia, Manhattanville, Albright and Delaware Valley.
- Widener is in first place with 31 points, one point ahead of Stevenson.
The MAC Championships wrap up on Saturday, February 23.