FREDERICK, Md. - Hood College's Zach Crossey placed seventh to lead the Blazers at their home course at the Hood College Invitational at Utica Park.
How it Happened
- Crossey ran a time of 26:52.1, his personal best by over 30 seconds on the 8,000-meter course. The time is the third fastest overall at Hood, as only Dan Jacobs has ever recorded a faster time for Hood College.
- Chris Burgenson was 32nd with a time of 30:07.3, while Reese Whitesell finished 48th in 30:07.3.
- Frederick Roberts and Tyrese Hibbert finished 71st and 82nd. Roberts crossed the line in a time of 31:14.3 while Hibbert finished in 32:16.9.
- Salisbury University produced both the team and individual champions. Conner Masteran finished in a time of 25:55.6 to lead the Sea Gulls in a field of 113 runners.
- Hood finished eighth overall out of 13 teams with 178 points.
- The Blazers also honored seniors Crossey and Whitesell for their contributions to the program over the past four years after the meet.
- "We are really happy with today's effort, and feeling good going into our conference meet." – Head Coach Chris Benassi.
Hood is idle until competing in the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships on October 27.