Feb 25, 2018
CARY, N.C. - The Hood College softball team dropped its final two games at the Triangle Classic, falling 10-1 to Averett and 2-0 against William Peace.
Averett 10, Hood 1
- The Cougars turned in three-run innings in the third, fourth and fifth innings to stop the game early.
- Hood scored its run in the first when Erfurdt scored on a sacrifice fly by Jasmine Webster.
- Nicole Cauthen tied the game with an RBI single in the bottom of the first, then gave Averett the lead with a three-run homer in the third. She drove in the final run of the fourth inning to make it 7-1.
- In addition to Erfurdt's three hits, Kristen Scott reached base twice via a hit and a walk.
- Cauthen went 3 for 3 with five runs batted in.
- Al Herschman took the loss, allowing seven runs in 3.1 innings. Kiley Banks pitched the final 1.1 in relief, surrendering three runs.
- Dani Kahn was the winning pitcher scattering five hits and walk in the complete game.
William Peace 2, Hood 0
- Kelsey Durham pitched a one-hit shutout for the Pacers.
- The Blazers' only hit was a single by Kayli Paugh in the fourth inning. Kaitlin Barron walked twice.
- William Peace scored both of its runs in the first inning. Kristina Mojica drew a bases-loaded walk and Kacy Haithcock had an RBI infield single.
- Nadia Blevins had two hits and two walks. Mojica had a hit and walked twice.
- Leaman came on in the first in relief of Paugh. Leaman worked around eight hits and five walks to pitch 6.2 scoreless frames.
- Durham walked four and struck out two.
Hood hosts Dickinson on March 3.