TUCSON, Ariz. - The Hood College softball team dropped games to both Dickinson and Wisconsin-Lacrosse on the final day of the Blazers spring break trip to Arizona.
The Red Devils scored twice in the seventh for a 7-6 win and Hood fell in five innings to UW-Lacrosse 11-0.
Dickinson 7, Hood 6
- A two-run hit by Maggie McConney in the bottom of the seventh gave Dickinson the walk off win.
- Kayli Paugh went 2 for 4 with a home run but took the loss as the pitcher. She went 6.1 innings and struck out five.
- Kiley Banks had two hits and drove in a pair while Jasmine Webster scored twice.
- Hood jumped out to an early lead with three runs in the top of the first. Kristen Scott drove in the game's first run, then scored on a two-run single by Banks for a 3-0 lead.
- The Red Devils got a run back in the bottom of the inning before the Blazers scored twice in the second. Kristy Erfurdt and Sophia Leaman recorded back-to-back RBI singles in the inning.
- Paugh homered in the fourth to make it 6-1.
- The Red Devils added two runs in the bottom of the fourth, then single runs in the fifth and sixth before winning the game in the seventh.
- Kristen Acocella had three hits and stole two bases. McConney and Julie Siecinski notched two apiece.
- Killian Kueny scattered four hits and three walks to pitch five innings of one-run relief. She struck out six and picked up the win.
Wisconsin Lacrosse 11, Hood 0 (5 innings)
- A six-run fourth allowed the Eagles to end the game early.
- Caitlyn Hughes pitched a two-hit shutout, allowing hits to Erfurdt and Scott.
- Leaman allowed two earned runs in three innings, striking out four, for the loss.
- Sarah Stewart drove in six runs with a single, a double and a home run. Brittany Baldwin had two hits and stole three bases.
Hood travels to York (Pa.) on Tuesday, March 20.