Apr 06, 2018
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College softball team fell 2-1 and 10-5 to Arcadia in a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth doubleheader.
Arcadia 2, Hood 1
- The Knights scored once in the second and went ahead 2-0 in the sixth on a double by Kristen Cancelliere.
- Hood cut the lead in half in the bottom of the sixth on a double by Kaitlin Barron that drove in Erfurdt.
- Paugh struck out the side in the first and scattered seven hits and two walks. She was outdueled by Kylee Schwind. Schwind allowed seven hits and one walk, striking out nine.
- Erfurdt finished 2 for 3.
- Alex DeStefano recorded two hits for the Knights.
Arcadia 10, Hood 5
- The Knights took a 4-0 lead in the first to take control of the game.
- Hood trailed 7-0 before climbing back in the game with a four-run fifth. Caitlin Gosline and Collins singled to lead off the inning. Erfurdt drove in a run with a base hit to get the Blazers onto the scoreboard. Paugh drove in the second run before Katelyn Long singled home both Sophia Leaman and Erfurdt.
- Arcadia pulled away with a three-run sixth.
- Erfurdt went 3 for 4, while Leaman and Collins added two hits each.
- DeStefano had a four-hit game for Arcadia, while Amanda Hess finished with three hits.
- Mary Pat Murray pitched a complete game, allowing five runs.
Hood hosts Frostburg St. on Tuesday, April 10.