OWINGS MILLS, Md. - The Hood College softball team fell to Stevenson 2-1 in game one but rallied back winning 9-7 after eight innings in game two during Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Alex Herschman faced 11 batters, struck out four and only allowed one hit in game two. Sophie Leaman went 3 for 4 with two RBIs.
Stevenson 2, Hood 1
- Kayli Paugh hit a solo run homer in the top of the fourth to take the lead 1-0.
- Stevenson tied the score in the bottom of the seventh with a Jasmyn Ogletree single up the middle that brought Tiffany McKee home.
- With the bases loaded in the seventh, Kate Finnen singled up the middle to bring in McKee for the second time during the day putting the score at 2-1.
- Paugh gave up 10 hits, two walks while striking out one during the loss.
- Morghan Fulton allowed five hits, three walks and struck out one.
Hood 9, Stevenson 7
- The Blazers took an early lead after a single from Paugh brought Leaman home in the first.
- Hood trailed 3-1 until a six-run inning in the fourth. Paugh, Jasmine Webster and Kaitlin Barron were all walked to start the inning. Kaitlyn Long singled to bring in one run. Caitlin Gosline was walked bringing in a second run. A single up the middle from Kristy Erfurdt brought in two scores. Two more RBIs from Leaman's double to the gap rounded out the scoring in the fourth for the Blazers with the scoreboard reading 7-3.
- Stevenson fought back with a three-run fourth. They added one run in the fifth to tie the score at 7-7.
- The game remained scoreless after the seventh sending game two into extra innings.
- With two outs and two on, Herschman reached on an error that allowed Long to score for an 8-7 lead. Scott then singled to right field bringing in another runner to put the Blazers up two before heading into the bottom of the eighth.
- Herschman faced three batters in the eighth, striking out two while the other grounded out to third base.
- Leaman pitched five innings scattering nine hits and walking two. Herschman pitched the remaining three allowing just one hit with one walk and four strikeouts.
- Ogletree pitched three innings giving up five hits, five walks while striking out four. Fulton pitched the last four innings for Stevenson allowing four one walk and striking out one.
Hood hosts Lycoming on Sunday, April 15.