CARLISLE, Pa. - The duo of Maddie Walter and Kiley Banks held Dickinson to just one run in 13.2 innings as Hood College split a doubleheader against the Red Devils. The Blazers picked up a 2-0 in the opener before dropping a 1-0 final in game two.
Inside the Box Scores
- Walter continued her strong rookie year with a four-hit shutout. She struck out seven and walked just one. It was her first career shutout.
- Banks was almost as good in game two. She allowed just three hits and three walks in 6.2 innings before Dickinson won on a walk-off wild pitch.
- Angela Acampora, Jules Baker and Kaitlin Barron each had two hits on the day, including a triple by Baker.
Hood 2, Dickinson 0
- The Blazers scored once in the third and again in the fourth for the game's only scoring.
- Walter allowed two hits in the bottom of the first before retiring 11 straight hitters into the bottom of the fifth.
- In the third, Baker reached on an error and scored on another by the Red Devils for a 1-0 lead. An RBI single by Acampora in the fourth knocked in pinch runner Bridget Smith.
- Walter allowed two more base runners in the fifth before retiring seven of the last eight batters of the game to improve to 3-3 on the season.
- Baker and Acampora had two hits each.
- Kat Vill took the loss, allowing two runs, one earned in four innings.
Dickinson 1, Hood 0
- Hannah Seburn led off the bottom of the seventh with a double and scored on a two-out wild pitch for the only run of the contest.
- The run spoiled an otherwise strong outing from Banks, who pitched her second career complete game.
- Hood had two runners on in both the second and third innings but Killian Kueny pitched around trouble both times.
- In the sixth, Barron and Cailyn Barthlow singled back-to-back with one out. After a pitching change and a fielder's choice, Madison Milaszewski hit Brandi Davidson with a pitch to load the bases with two outs. Milaszewski forced a line out to end the inning unscathed.
- Barthlow was the only Blazer to reach base twice, getting on via a hit and walk.
Hood returns to conference play with a road trip to Messiah on Saturday, March 23.