Mar 26, 2019
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College softball team dropped both ends of a non-conference doubleheader to Gettysburg 3-0 and 12-6.
Inside the Box Scores
- Maddie Walter pitched her eighth straight complete game in the opener, striking out seven. She allowed three earned runs on seven hits and took the loss.
- Caitlin Gosline doubled and drove in three.
- Jules Baker walked twice.
Gettysburg 3, Hood 0
- Walter retired 12 of the first 14 batters over the first four innings before the Bullets plated two runs on a Taylor Doi triple in the fifth inning.
- In the sixth, Baker walked and Cailyn Barthlow doubled to put runners on second and third with one out but Morgan Clauser worked out of the jam.
- Rachel Julie added another RBI triple in the seventh to make it a 3-0 lead.
- Clauser pitched a four-hit shutout for the win.
Gettysburg 12, Hood 6
- Hood scored five runs in the first to take an early lead but Gettysburg scored four in the fourth and five in the sixth as part of a comeback effort to win.
- Jordan Specht and Katelyn Long had RBI singles in the first before Gosline hit a bases-loaded triple over the leftfielder to make it 5-0.
- A two-run single by Hannah Lindert in the second cut Hood's lead to three before the Bullets took the lead in the fourth. Emily Colline, Sophia Blasius and Liz Cowell had run-scoring singles in the fourth, with Colline scoring the go-ahead run on Cowell's hit.
- After the teams traded runs in the fifth, the Bullets broke the game open in the seventh. One run scored on a throwing error before Shelby Baker's grand slam made the score 12-6.
- Long and Jasmine Webster had two hits apiece for the Blazers.
- Doi had four hits for Gettysburg and Lindert added three.
- Skylar Spinner got the win in relief of Clauser. Spinner allowed one run in six innings on four hits and two walks.
- Kiley Banks took the loss. She was charged with seven runs in four innings. Madeline McBride allowed five runs, four earned, in three innings of relief.
The Blazers host McDaniel on Thursday, March 28.