READING, Pa.- The Hood College softball team dropped game one against the Albright Lions by a score of 6-1 before falling 9-1 in five innings in the second game.
Inside the Box Score
- Jules Baker went 2 for 3 with a double and three walks in the doubleheader.
- Maddie Walter pitched game one and surrendered five earned runs on 12 hits and added a strikeout for her ninth straight complete game.
Albright 6, Hood 1
- The Lions struck first in the opening inning with a two-run double by Stephanie Pomante for a 2-0 lead.
- A Jordan Specht RBI single down the left field line brought around Baker to get Hood on the board.
- Two RBI singles in the bottom half of the third pushed Albright's advantage to 4-1.
- Albright added two more runs in the fourth to extend the lead and never look back.
- Allison Melahn threw a complete game, allowing three hits.
Albright 9, Hood 1 (5 innings)
- An RBI double in the fifth by the Lions' Camille Sears gave Albright an eight-run lead to end the game early.
- She drove in Albright's first two runs, as well, as an error in the first inning opened the door for three runs.
- Albright added two runs in both the second and third and scored once each n the fourth and fifth.
- Hood scored in the third inning on a run-scoring single by Cailyn Barthlow to drive in Baker who had reached on a two-out double.
- Kiley Banks took the loss, allowing five runs, just one of which was earned, in two innings. Madeline McBride gave up four runs, three earned in 2.2 innings of relief.
- Melahn surrendered just two hits in a complete game effort.
Hood travels to Catholic on Wednesday, April 3 at 3 p.m.