FREDERICK, Md.- A walk-off double by Cailyn Barthlow capped off a comeback 9-8 victory for the Blazers in game two of the doubleheader to complete the sweep over the visiting Frostburg State Bobcats. Hood won game one by a score of 4-1.
Inside the Box Scores
- Maddy Collins had four hits on the day with an RBI and scored three runs.
- Barthlow added three hits and three RBIs over the span of both games.
- Angela Acampora also had three hits, including her first career home run as a Blazer. She also doubled and had two RBIs.
- Jordan Specht tripled and had two RBIs.
- Jules Baker doubled with an RBI and walked twice. Caitlin Gosline walked twice and scored two runs.
- Maddie Walter captured both wins on the mound today. In game one, she pitched a complete game surrendering only one run on six hits while striking out six. She pitched the final five innings of game two and allowed five hits. She added a double and an RBI on the day.
Hood 4, Frostburg 1
- The Bobcats held an early 1-0 lead in the first inning after an RBI single by Aaliyah Ramey.
- Acampora tied the game with a solo shot to left field in the top half of the third inning.
- Hood put together a three-run fifth inning, including an RBI single by Katelyn Long to hold a 4-1 lead heading into the final two innings.
- Walter was able to retire the final six batters she faced, three via strikeout to seal the win.
Hood 9, Frostburg 8
- After a one-out single by Kaitlin Barron, Walter popped out to bring Hood to their final out. Collins singled and then both runners advanced on a wild pitch. Baker walked and brought up Barthlow with the bases loaded. She drove a ball to deep left center off the wall to bring in Barron and Collins to complete the comeback win in the final inning.
- Ramey started the scoring in game two also, this time with a home run. The Bobcats tacked on three more runs to hold a 4-0 lead after the top half of the first.
- Hood responded with a grand slam by Specht that would have tied the game, but the runner at first was called out for failing to touch home plate so two runs counted making the score 4-2 after one inning.
- Frostburg added four runs over the next two innings to increase the lead to 8-2.
- An RBI double by Baker sandwiched between two RBI singles, one by Collins and one by Barthlow, cut Hood's deficit to three runs at the end of the fourth.
- Walter drove in Gosline in the fifth with a single and Acampora brought home Baker in the sixth with a sac fly to make the score 8-7 heading into the final inning.
- Walter retired Frostburg's lineup in order in the top of the seventh to keep the score the same heading to the bottom half of the inning.
- Aaliyah Ramey was 5 for 7 on the day with two doubles, a home run, and three RBIs.
- Amber Keene added four hits on the day including a double.
- Erica Payne and Taylor McCarty each tripled. McCarty added two RBIs.
- Katelyn Mehrling took the loss in game one. She pitched four and two-thirds innings allowing six hits and one earned run. Emily Moll pitched the final inning and a third of scoreless, one-hit relief. Moll took the loss in game two allowing three hits and two runs in the final inning. McCarty started on the mound and allowed six hits, five earned runs, and three walks over three and two-thirds innings. Ally Wieman Pitched two and one-third innings giving up two runs on five hits with two strikeouts.
Hood travels to Lycoming on Saturday, April 13 at 1 p.m.