GLENSIDE, Pa.- The Hood College softball team dropped a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth doubleheader to the Arcadia Knights by scores of 6-0 and 9-0.
Inside the Box Score
- Jasmine Webster had a three hit day with two doubles.
- Maddie Walter took the loss in game one pitching a complete game and allowing five earned runs while striking out three. Madeline McBride started game two and pitched one and two-thirds innings surrendering five hits. Kiley Banks pitched the remainder and gave up one earned run on five hits with a strikeout.
Arcadia 6, Hood 0
- The Knights held a 2-0 lead after three innings of play.
- Arcadia added two more runs in the fifth to add to the lead.
- Hood loaded the bases in the top half of the sixth but could not push a run across.
- Two more insurance runs for Arcadia came from RBI singles in the bottom half of the inning to put the lead at 6-0.
Arcadia 9, Hood 0
- Seven runs from Arcadia in the second inning, including two RBI triples, gave the Knights an 8-0 advantage.
- A double by Webster in the fourth put a Blazer in scoring position but Hood was not able to knock the run in.
- Jackie Bilotti notched five hits with four runs batted in and Kristin Cancelliere added three hits with a double and a triple.
- Mary Pat Murray got the win in game one with a complete game shutout allowing six hits with 8 strikeouts. Kylee Schwind pitched all five innings in game two and only allowed one hit with five strikeouts.
Hood travles to Christendom on Thursday, April 25 at 4:30 p.m.