Posted: Nov 13, 2018
Inside the Box Score
- Pitt scored a team-high 20 points on 8 of 14 shooting.
- Savoy was one rebound short of a double-double with 16 points and nine boards. The junior hit 6 of 12 field goals, including two 3-pointers, and blocked three shots.
- Tamiya Ford scored 13 points and five of her seven rebounds came on the offensive glass.
- Maggie Tien went 3 of 5 from 3-point range and Morgan Anderson had six rebounds off the bench.
How it Happened
- The Blazers took their biggest lead of the game, 59-48, on a 3-point play by Ford with 6:59 left in the game. The Gophers mounted a comeback bid and pulled within two on a 3-pointer by Alayna McFadden with 16 seconds left to make it 71-69. Goucher was forced to foul and Pitt made 1 of 2 free throws to make it a three-point lead. After a 3-pointer miss by Goucher, Savoy was fouled with four seconds to play and sank both to ice the game.
- In the first quarter, the Blazers tied the game at 16-16 with six seconds left. The Gophers led by as many as six in the second quarter before a 10-4 run gave Hood a 33-31 lead at halftime.
- The Blazers led by as many as nine in the third quarter before taking a 52-47 lead into the final period.
- Anise Williams scored a game-high 24 points for the Gophers.
- McFadden added 19 point and a team-high nine rebounds.
- Hood outrebounded Goucher 45-35.
- The Blazers evened their record at 1-1 on the season, while the Gophers were playing their season opener.
Hood travels to the Neumann Tip-Off Tournament on November 17-18.