ASTON, Pa. - The Hood College women's basketball team fell in overtime to Neumann 80-75 on the first day of the Neumann Tip-Off Tournament.
Inside the Box Score
- Mia Savoy was one rebound shy of a double-double with 23 points and nine rebounds.
- Ebony Pitt added 14 points, six rebounds and five assists.
- Maggie Tien finished with 11 points, including three 3-pointers.
- Tamiya Ford overcame foul trouble to score 10 points and Morgan Anderson blocked three shots.
How it Happened
- Ford scored six points during a 14-6 run to open the game as the Blazers built a 20-11 lead after the first period.
- Hood carried a 38-28 lead into halftime before Nafisa Saunders scored 17 points in the second half to fuel a Neumann comeback.
- The Knights started the second half with a 17-6 run that gave them their first lead of the day, 45-44, on a layup by Saunders with 3:34 left in the third quarter.
- The Blazers trailed 50-48 heading into the final period. Neumann led by as many as five in the quarter but a jumper by Savoy with 27 seconds left tied the game at 64-64 and forced overtime.
- Saunders scored six more points in overtime as the Knights picked up the win.
- Saunders topped 30 points for the third straight game to open the year, finishing with 36. She went 24 of 30 at the free throw line.
- Minika Glenn scored 16 points and added 13 rebounds.
The Blazers face Rutgers-Camden in the consolation game of the tournament on Sunday, November 18 at noon.