ASTON, Pa. - Despite a career-high 19 points by Tamiya Ford, the Hood College women's basketball team dropped a 78-65 final to Rutgers-Camden in the consolation game of the Neumann Tip-Off Tournament.
Inside the Box Score
- Ford went 7 of 9 shooting and grabbed eight rebounds.
- Mia Savoy, who was the Blazers' representative on the all-tournament team, added 15 points, three 3-pointers, seven boards and two blocks.
- Maggie Tien went 4 for 7 on 3-point field goals and finished with 13 points.
- Deaja Colden scored 10 points on 5 of 7 shooting off the bench.
- Ebony Pitt led Hood with five assists.
- Hood shot 22 for 44 from the field (50 percent).
How it Happened
- The Blazers took an early 10-8 lead after a 3-point play by Ford midway through the first quarter. Wykira Johnson-Kelly scored nine points during a 13-4 run to end the period for the Scarlet Raptors took a 21-14 advantage into the second period.
- Mia Savoy knocked down two 3-pointers and Tien added another to spark a 13-0 run to begin the second period. Hood went ahead 27-21 after a Morgan Anderson jumper with 5:33 left in the half.
- Jordan Harbaugh hit back-to-back-to-back 3-pointers later in the quarter to give Rutgers-Camden the lead and the Scarlet Raptors took a 39-31 lead into halftime.
- In the fourth quarter, a basket by Colden with 6:37 remaining pulled Hood within 63-60 but a 15-5 run by Rutgers-Camden put the game away.
- Gabby Greene went 8 of 15 from 3-point range and finished with 24 points.
- Johnson-Kelly came off the bench for 18 points and 10 rebounds and Harbaugh finished with 14 points, going 4 for 7 behind the arc.
- The Scarlet Raptors overcame Hood's hot shooting with a 14 for 30 effort behind the arc (47 percent).
The Blazers are idle until hosting Marymount (Va.) on November 26 at 6 p.m.