FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College women's basketball team dropped a 78-53 final to visiting Marymount in non-conference women's basketball action.
Inside the Box Score
- Deaja Colden came off the bench for a team-high 12 points on 6 of 7 shooting.
- Ebony Pitt led the Blazers with seven rebounds.
- Mia Savoy dished out five assists.
- Morgan Anderson blocked four shots.
How it Happened
- Marymount opened the game with a 21-8 run over the first eight minutes. Hood tried to keep pace via three 3-pointers by Maggie Tien but trailed 25-14 at the end of the first quarter.
- The Saints shot 10 of 15 in the second quarter (67 percent) to stretch the halftime lead to 49-24.
- Colden scored half of her points in the third quarter as Hood chipped away at the deficit but still trailed 60-40 heading into the final quarter.
- Zara Whitfield scored all eight of her points in the fourth quarter but Marymount stretched its lead back to 25 by game's end.
- Regan Lohr went 8 of 12 shooting and scored a game-high 24 points.
- Katie McShea added 18 points on 8 of 13 shooting to go with eight rebounds.
- Tyffani McQueen scored 12 points.
- The Saints shot 52 percent in the game.
- Marymount outscored Hood 52-20 in the paint but the Blazers' reserves held a 25-14 edge.
Hood opens Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play on Wednesday, November 28 at 8 p.m.