FREDERICK, Md. – The Hood College women's basketball team could not hold off the No. 8 Messiah Falcons and fell 53-46 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Ebony Pitt recorded a double-double with 12 points and 10 boards.
- Mia Savoy scored a team-high 15 points and added seven rebounds.
- Morgan Anderson came off the bench to pull down 13 rebounds and chip in eight points.
How it Happened
- A low scoring first quarter saw Messiah hold a 12-6 advantage.
- Hood tied the game at 18-18 with a layup by Pitt at the 4:46 mark of the second period.
- Both teams went back and forth for the remainder of the half to make the score 25-25 at the break.
- The Blazers took a slim 29-28 lead early in the second half with a Pitt jumper.
- The Falcons took back the lead to go up by four at the 3:30 mark before Savoy rattled off eight straight points (two 3-pointers) to give Hood a four-point lead.
- Hood carried a 40-37 lead into the final period of play.
- A Maci Thornton long ball tied the game for the Falcons with 6:56 left on the clock.
- Anderson knocked down a jumper to keep Hood close at 48-46 with 3:28 left but Hood was held scoreless the rest of the way as Messiah pulled away.
- Thornton scored a game-high 24 points and added six steals.
- Alecia Rohrer notched a double-double with 16 points and 17 rebounds.
- Hood held a 44-30 rebounding edge.
- The Blazers also held an advantage in bench points 14-0.
The Blazers travel to Widener on Saturday, January 26 at 1 p.m.