Posted: Nov 23, 2019
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College women's basketball team dropped their first game of the season to visiting Chatham 74-55.
Inside the Box Score
- Mia Savoy scored 18 points to lead the Blazers. She went 7-of-14 shooting with four rebounds and four blocks.
- Morgan Anderson turned in a double-double with 11 points and 12 rebounds. The sophomore's seven blocked shots were the most for a Blazer since Rachel Wiley's school-record of eight in 2014.
- Anderson and Savoy combined for 12 of Hood's 14 blocks in the contest, two shy of the Blazer record.
- Lauren Keeney recorded nine points, five rebounds, one steal, and three assists.
- Ebony Pitt and Marlise Newson each dished out three assists. Newson added six points and two rebounds.
How it Happened
- Pitt scored five points in the first 10 minutes of the game, while Anderson added two blocks in the first quarter while Keeney grabbed four rebounds. Chatham's Emily Ondo scored eight points in the first 10 minutes, adding four rebounds and one block.
- Hood trailed just 19-9 before the start of the second quarter when a 24-11 run from the Cougars and nine points from Kaitlyn Fertig gave Chatham a 43-20 advantage going into the half.
- The Blazers fought back in the third quarter, outscoring the Cougars 14-9. Anderson and Savoy had two blocks apiece, while Anderson recorded five rebounds in the third.
- Savoy scored 12 out of the Blazers' 21 points in the fourth quarter, making her final 3-point shot with three seconds left in the game.
- The loss dropped the Blazers to 3-1 on the year.
- Chatham remained undefeated at 4-0.
- Ondo turned in a game-high 29 points, one of four Cougars in double figures, and added 10 boards.
Hood travels to Marymount on December 2 at 6 p.m.