Apr 06, 2018
FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College women's lacrosse team fell to the Widener Pride by a score of 18-9.
Inside the Box Score
- Jade Locklear led the Blazers with four goals and eight draw controls.
- Rachel Slater added a hat trick.
- Nikki Lunn picked up five ground balls and had three caused turnovers.
- Rylie Benoit-Nobis made six saves in goal.
How it Happened
- Kara Phoubandith opened up the scoring just a little over three minutes into the game.
- Widener responded with two goals before Slater found the back of the net at the 20:47 mark to tie the game 2-2.
- Ashley Mastronardo scored for the Pride before the Blazers took a 4-3 lead after goals from Cassidy O'Neill and Locklear with just over 16 minutes remaining in the first half.
- Widener finished the first half with seven straight goals to hold a 10-4 advantage at halftime.
- The Pride scored twice to open up the second half.
- Slater and Locklear each scored two goals apiece amidst three more goals by Widener to make the score 15-8 with 9:37 remaining.
- A three goal run from the Pride extended the lead before Locklear rounded out the scoring with 6:14 left to leave the score 18-9.
- Kelly Lynch led the Pride with six goals and five assists.
- Caroline Kelley had four goals and Meg Steffney added three.
- Melanie Bert had two goals and two assists.
- Erika Peters had five ground balls and Megan Racioppi notched six draw controls.
- Katie Hayes had eight saves for Widener.
Hood goes to Lebanon Valley on Wednesday, April 11 at 4 p.m.