OWINGS MILLS, Md. - Hood College's Jade Locklear scored four goals but Stevenson held the rest of the Blazers in check in a 14-5 win for the Mustangs in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Locklear scored four goals to reach 40 for the season, the first player in program history with two 40-goal seasons.
- Nikki Lunn had the Blazers' other goal.
- Rachel Slater finished with five draw controls.
- Grace Weaver had three ground balls and four caused turnovers.
- Rylie Benoit-Nobis stopped nine shots in net.
How it Happened
- MaryKate White and Lindsay Seipp combined to score the final five goals of a game-opening 8-0 run for Stevenson.
- Lunn got Hood on the board running the length of the field for the score at 3:17. Locklear scored her first goal with just under a minute to play before Melanie Meara scored with three seconds left to make it 9-2 at halftime.
- After White scored in the first minute of the second half, Locklear outscored the Mustangs 3-2 over the next 24:35 minutes of the game. Her final goal of the game pulled the Blazers within 12-5 with 8:25 to go. Seipp and Carly Bowes scored in the last five minutes to put the game out of reach.
- White had four goals and Seipp finished with three goals and an assist.
- Sarah Roerty had five ground balls and Jamie Bittner caused three turnovers.
- Mack Ferguson made three saves in the first half, while Jess Larosa turned away six shots in the second half.
Hood travels to Immaculata on Thursday, April 26.