Posted: Feb 19, 2019
FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College women's lacrosse team opened up the 2018-19 season with a 12-6 victory over Elizabethtown.
Inside the Box Score
- Rachel Slater led the way with three goals, two assists, and three draw controls.
- Kara Phoubandith notched three goals and an assist.
- Cassidy O'Neill added two goals, three helpers, and three caused turnovers.
- Laura Skorobatsch netted two goals, the first of her career.
- Danielle Holt stopped 11 shots in goal.
How it Happened
- The Blazers jumped out to a 5-0 lead with 15:49 remaining in the first half after two goals apiece by Slater and O'Neill along with one from Phoubandith.
- Lexie Sharp got the Blue Jays on the board at the 10:30 mark but O'Neill found Skorobatsch twice to make the score 7-2 with just over six minutes left.
- Two Phoubandith goals sandwiched between two goals by Elizabethtown concluded the first half with Hood leading 9-3.
- Tenley Reeder opened the second half scoring for Hood with a tally at the 23:07 mark.
- Two goals by Sharp cut Hood's lead to five with just under nine minutes to play.
- Slater found the back of the net with 5:51 left to provided some insurance for Hood making the score 11-5.
- The Blue Jays notched a goal with just under a minute remaining before Hood's Alexis Orzech scored her first career goal to cap off the scoring.
- Sharp recorded three goals and nine draw controls.
- Madelyn Baker added two goals.
- Julia Ferrante dished out three assists.
- Abby Kopytko made seven saves in 47 minutes of action. Jennifer Beihoff stopped two shots in the final 13 minutes.
The Blazers host Juniata on Saturday, March 2 at 1 p.m.