DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - The Hood College women's lacrosse team tied the program's single-season wins record with an 18-8 victory at Delaware Valley.
The Blazers are 8-1 on the year, tying the 2009 squad that finished its season 8-7.
Inside the Box Score
- Rachel Slater had four goals, four ground balls, five draw controls and three caused turnovers. The senior reached a pair of milestones in the win. She had her 37th career free position goal in the contest, breaking a three-way tie for the most in school history with Kara Phoubandith and Jade Locklear. Slater also scored her 100th career goal in the contest, becoming the sixth player in school history to reach the century mark.
- Cassidy O'Neill scored a career-high five goals.
- Laura Skorobatsch finished with four goals. Her final goal of the afternoon was her 32nd of the year, setting a new freshman record at Hood.
- Tenley Reeder tallied a goal and three assists.
- Sophia Vilaca picked up her first career start in goal and made 13 saves.
- Nikki Lunn had four ground balls and two caused turnovers.
How it Happened
- Hood scored the first 10 goals of the second half to break a 6-6 tie at the break. O'Neill and Skorobatsch scored three times apiece during the run, including O'Neill's score to make it 16-6 with 8:11 left in the game.
- The Aggies broke a scoreless streak of 27:15 when Samantha Collyer scored with 4:47 remaining in the contest.
- The first half featured five lead changes and five ties.
- Hood fell behind 1-0 early but Reeder assisted on goals by Alexis Orzech and Phoubandith before a free position goal by O'Neill made it 3-1 with 23:34 left in the half.
- The Aggies answered the Blazers' 3-0 run with one of their own to reclaim the lead.
- Claire Gamache had four goals, six ground balls, six draw controls and three caused turnovers for Delaware Valley.
- The Aggies' Amanda Dietrich stopped eight shots.
Hood begins Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play at Alvernia on March 27.