DOVER, Del.- A late goal from Melissa Merritt proved to be the winner for the Hood College women's soccer team as they defeated the Wesley Wolverines 1-0.
Inside the Box Score
- Merritt knocked in the lone goal of the game.
- Lydia Erickson saved three shots and kept a clean sheet in net.
How it Happened
- Wesley's Mackenzie Forsythe had an opportunity from just outside the six-yard box saved by Erickson in the 19th minute.
- The two teams headed into halftime with the score at 0-0 and the shot count at 7-6 in favor of the Blazers.
- Erin Scarborough's left footed effort was stopped by Wesley's Kiyanna Gill in the 58th minute.
- In the 75th minute, a ball won by Shea Jakubowski found its way to Merritt who finished the opportunity to put the Blazers up 1-0.
- Another opportunity from Forsythe was saved by Erickson with just 9:31 left to play. The Blazers held on for the remainder of the game.
- The shot count was 15-11 in favor of Hood.
- Kiyanna Gill played all 90 minutes in net for the Wolves and recorded five saves.
- Hood extends their record to 8-3-1, the first time since 2009 that the Blazers have won eight games.
Hood hosts Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth opponent Alvernia on Wednesday, October 9 at 7 p.m.