WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Hood College women's swim team is in ninth place after the first day at the Diamond City Invitational hosted by King's at the Wyoming Valley Catholic Youth Center.
How it Happened
- Danielle Pong had the Blazers' best finish of the first two sessions with fifth-place in the 100-yard breaststroke in 1:10.72.
- The 400 medley relay of Ann Coleman, Kate Sanborn, Pong and Brianna Hand-Solomon was sixth in 4:23.42.
- The same quartet was seventh in the 200 medley relay with a time of 1:59.51.
- Hand-Solomon had a seventh-place finish in the 100 backstroke in 1:03.85.
- Two of Hood's freestyle relays recorded top 10 finishes. Hand-Solomon, Olivia McGhee, Coleman and Pong were eighth in the 800 free relay with a time of 8:51.53. Mandy Smith, McGhee, Sanborn and Coleman teamed for a ninth-place finish in the day's opening event, the 200 free relay, in 1:55.51.
- Hood scored 137 points in the first two sessions.
- Scranton leads the way with 545 points.
The Diamond City Invitational wraps up on Sunday, November 18.