Dec 01, 2018
How it Happened
- Hand-Solomon was victorious in both the 100-yard backstroke and the 200 freestyle. She won the 100 back in 1:02.98 and turned in the winning time of 2:06.09 in the 200 free.
- Pong's wins came in the 100 butterfly and the 100 individual medley. Her time of 1:05.15 won the 100 fly, while her 1:04.29 earned the win in the 100 IM. She added a second place finish in the 50 fly with a time of 28.90.
- The duo was also part of the winning 200 medley relay. Olivia McGhee and Ann Coleman joined them for a time of 1:57.12.
- Coleman turned in two runnerup performances. She was second in the 50 free in 27.28 and the 200 IM in 2:33.22.
- McGhee took second in the 100 fly behind only Pong with a time of 1:07.50.
- Kate Sanborn was second in both the 50 breaststroke (34.22) and the 100 breaststroke (1:12.40).
- Mandy Smith's 6:13.23 was second in the 500 free.
- The Green Terror's Blair Boyle won the 500 free (5:30.78), 200 IM (2:21.63) and 50 fly (27.73).
The meet wrapped up the fall semester for Hood. The Blazers return to the water on January 5 at Albright.