YORK, Pa. - Hood College's Brianna Hand-Solomon tied for fifth in the 50-yard freestyle to highlight session three of the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships for the Blazers.
How it Happened
- In the finals, Hand-Solomon missed her career-best set during the preliminaries by a single hundredth of a second. She turned in a 25.14 in the championship final, matching the time of McKenna Zeller of Lycoming.
- Danielle Pong swam in the consolation final and placed 16th overall with a time of 25.92.
- Hood was ninth in the 200 free relay. Hand-Solomon, Ann Coleman, Kate Sanborn and Pong teamed up to swim a time of 1:42.98.
- The Blazers' 54.5 points are 10th, only 1.5 points behind ninth-place Wilkes.
- Messiah leads the team scoring with 253 points.
The MAC Championships continue with session four at 10 a.m. on Saturday, February 16.
Session Two Recap from earlier in the day.
YORK, Pa. - Hood College's Brianna Hand-Solomon qualified for the championship final of the 50-yard freestyle during session two's preliminary round at the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships at the Graham Aquatic Center.
How it Happened
- Hand-Solomon shaved three-hundredths of a second off of her personal best with a time of 25.13. She was seventh during qualifying.
- Danielle Pong swam a season-best time of 25.52 and will compete in the consolation final after turning in the 16th fastest time of the prelims.
- Team scoring remains unchanged as session two consisted solely of preliminary events.
Session three of the MAC Championships begins at 6 p.m.