May 16, 2018
BALTIMORE, Md. - Three members of the Hood College track and field team competed on the first day of the ECAC Outdoor Track and Field Championships at Johns Hopkins.
How it Happened
- Samantha Bailey placed fifth in the hammer throw with a heave of 39.55 meters (129-9).
- After four events, Jackie Mangogna is in fifth place in the heptathlon with 2,148 points. She ran a personal record in the 100-meter hurdles with a time 16.48 seconds to score 657 points. She cleared 1.45 meters in the high jump (4-9) for 566 points. She scored the same number of points with a time of 28.84 seconds in the 200-meter dash.
- Andrea Christmas tied for 10th in the pole vault. The senior cleared 2.58 meters (8-5 1/2).
- Hood is in 21st place with four points.
- Johns Hopkins leads the scoring with 55.5 points.
The ECAC Championships conclude on May 17.