Feb 23, 2019
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - The Hood College women's indoor track and field team tied for 11th at the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships.
How it Happened
- The Blazers had three competitors on the second day, two in the 200-meter dash and one in the shot put.
- In the 200, Gretchen Young ran a 28.41 and was 23rd. Sam Plinke's 29.02 was 31st.
- Danielle Pitts threw the shot put 9.24 meters (30-3 3/4) to place 25th.
- The Blazers tied for 11th with Delaware Valley and Manhattanville.
- Misericordia scored 143.5 points to win the conference championship.
- "With our performances this weekend at the conference championships, we really took a big step forward moving up and competing with some of the best athletes and teams in the MAC," said head coach Chris Benassi. "We were able to walk away with two school records from AJ in the long jump and Freddy in the heptathlon and nearly every athlete performed higher than their ranking coming in. Our assistant coaches did an amazing job of putting our athletes in a position to perform at a high level and it really showed at the conference championship. We couldn't be more excited about the direction this team is headed going into the outdoor season."
Hood starts outdoor track and field season on March 16.