FROSTBURG, Md. - Four different members of the Hood College women's track and field program combined for five third-place finishes at the Bobcat Invitational at Frostburg State.
- Gretchen Young had two third-place finishes. Young's time of 28.60 placed third in the 200-meter dash. She was third in the 400 with a time of 1:05.02.
- Sam Plinke was third in the 100-meter dash in 13.94 seconds and captured fourth in the 200 in 28.82.
- Danielle Pitts was third in the hammer and fourth in the discus. The junior heaved the hammer 33.40 meters (109-7). In the discus, her best throw traveled 30.75 (100-11).
- Lauren Crossey was fifth in the 400 with a time of 1:12.42.
- In the shot put, Ebony Pitt was seventh with a mark of 8.68 meters (28-5 3/4).
- Young in the 400.
- "Today was a collective team effort and we put together strong performances from every athlete across their respective events. Gretchen, AJ, Freddy, and Evan booked their tickets today to the conference championships with Danielle and Evan also earning trips to the ECAC Championships in mid-May. We also had a ton of athletes set personal bests today which sets the tone for what should be a great stretch run heading into championship season," Chris Benassi, head coach.
The women's track and field team competes at the Loyola/Hopkins Invitational on April 12.