WESTMINSTER, Md. - The Hood College women's volleyball team saw its five-match win streak snapped in a 3-0 loss at McDaniel.
- The Green Terror won 25-18, 25-18, 25-19.
Inside the Box Score
- Elena Zinaich finished with nine kills.
- Payton Belella had 16 assists.
- Tailyn Kite had five kills and five blocks.
- Renee Reus recorded eight digs.
How it Happened
- In the first set, after a Zinaich kill, the Blazers used three straight miscues by McDaniel to claim a 4-2 lead. Hood led three more times in the set, including 12-11 after another Zinaich kill. After that, the Green Terror went on a 10-2 run to take control of the set.
- The Blazers went ahead 11-9 in the second set before another McDaniel run, this one 7-0, put the Green Terror in front.
- McDaniel took a 7-2 lead in the third set and never looked back.
- Marlowe Embry led all players with 13 kills.
- Gayle Edelstein finished with 17 assists and three aces.
- Taylor Bauman added four aces.
- Hood fell to 10-7, while the Green Terror moved to 12-2.
The Blazers look to get back in the win column on October 1 when Trinity Washington visits BB&T Arena at 7 p.m.