READING, Pa. - Albright won the final two sets to come-from-behind to defeat the Hood College volleyball team 3-2 in a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth contest.
- Albright won 25-22, 22-25, 16-25, 25-17, 15-12.
Inside the Box Score
- Elena Zinaich had 20 kills and four blocks.
- Payton Belella finished with 41 assists, 15 digs and four aces. The senior became the fourth player in school history with over 1,000 career digs.
- Courtney Hutchinson recorded 10 kills.
- Renee Reus added 13 digs.
How it Happened
- Hood used a 7-1 run in the first set to erase a 13-9 deficit in the first set to take a 16-14 lead on a kill by Belella. The Lions responded a with a 10-3 run and went on to win the set.
- The Blazers led 22-20 before Tailyn Kite had a kill and an ace on back-to-back points helped put the set away to even the score at 1-1.
- Hood had 16 kills and just four errors in the third set. The Blazers jumped ahead 16-6 to open the set and never looked back to take a 2-1 edge.
- From there, Hood's attack went cold, producing just 11 kills in the final two sets total.
- Bryana Chambers and Damaris Gomez had 11 kills apiece for the Lions, while Alexa Poss dished out 36 assists.
- Becca Davis racked up 29 digs.
The Blazers travel to York (Pa.) for a tri-match with Southern Virginia on October 20.