FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College volleyball team dropped a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth match to Lycoming before rebounding in the second match against Penn College. Both matches finished with 3-0 final scores.
- Lycoming won 25-19, 25-20, 25-21.
- Hood won 25-16, 25-15, 25-20.
Inside the Box Score
- Tailyn Kite had 13 total kills and five total aces.
- Shannon Saghy had a big match in the win over Penn College with nine kills and five blocks to finish the day with 10 kills, six blocks and three aces.
- Carrington Ray had a dozen total kills.
- Ashley Williams added 23 assists and five aces.
- Emma Elizondo finished with 23 total digs.
Lycoming 3, Hood 0
- Hood scored four straight points to take a 12-11 lead in the first set, but the Pride reclaimed the lead with three points in a row and never trailed again.
- The Warriors broke a 3-3 tie with a 6-0 run and went on to the 2-0 lead in the match.
- Lycoming started the third set with a 9-1 run to take control of the decisive set.
- Emily Morris had 30 assists for the Warriors. Elizabeth Kelson finished with six blocks.
- Ray had seven kills and Williams finished with 10 assists. Walissa Jaque added four blocks.
Hood 3, Penn College 0
- Saghy finished with nine kills in just 12 attempts with an error, hitting .667 for the match. The sophomore added five blocks and two aces.
- Hood led 15-14 in the first set before rallying with a 10-2 run to take the lead. Kite had a kill and three aces to fuel the run.
- The Blazers scored seven straight points to turn a 4-3 advantage into an eight-point lead. The Wildcats pulled within 15-13 before three kills from Kite and two aces by Williams contributed to a 10-2 run to finish the set.
- In the third set, Penn College rallied to tie it at 18-18 and trailed only 22-20 until the Blazers rattled off the final three points of the match.
- Williams had 13 assists and four aces. Kite had eight kills, three aces and 13 digs.
Hood travels to Alvernia on October 1.