FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College volleyball team lost in three sets to visiting Albright in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
- The Lions won 25-20, 25-23, 25-15.
Inside the Box Score
- Emma Elizondo led the Blazers with nine kills and three aces.
- Kameron Crawford had 12 assists, while Ashley Williams added 11.
- Fabiola Melendez-Rivera added 10 digs.
How it Happened
- A 7-1 Albright run turned a 5-4 Blazer lead into a 12-6 advantage for Albright. Hood later pulled within 22-20 on a kill by Shannon Saghy but Page Westra and Grace Andrefski recorded kills before an attack error by Hood finished the set.
- Albright staved off another Hood comeback bid in the second set. The Blazers trailed 24-19 before two kills by Elizondo fueled a five-point flurry that pulled Hood within 24-23. Andrefski halted the run with a kill to give the Lions a 2-0 lead in the match.
- A kill by Taylor Schaefer gave Hood an 11-10 lead in the third set but the Lions used a 15-4 run to take the match.
- Grace Serafini led all players with 11 kills.
- Alexa Poss dished out 31 assists and Shelby Cheuvront added 17 digs.
Hood travels to a tri-match at Elizabethtown with Christendom on October 26.